Fabulous, pretty awesome, fun, yet wonderfully efficiently run - just what every party, event, wedding, corporate function, the opening of an envelope needs - (we are available to help you think up an event so we can wheel ourselves in ready to attend - you’re welcome).
The Trough Horse Box Bar stocks a highly quaffable range of quality drinks. We are proud members of New Forest Marque, therefore we are delighted to stock locally produced drinks, alongside other premium brands.
The bar service options
- Create a bar menu to suit you and your event to perfection
- The bar can be run as Pay as you go, tab, token, or dry hire.
Our Booking fee of £175* provides...
- Secure your event date in the Trough diary
- The Trough Horse Box Bar itself
- Two members of Trough staff; friendly fun & efficient
- Bar service for standard 6 hours
- Temporary Events Notice with the relevant Licensing Authority
- Quality perspex glassware, safe for outdoor events - Real glassware can be supplied at minimal additional cost
- All bar sundries such as fruit & ice
- Mileage to & from your event within 30 miles of SO41. Additional mileage can be accommodated and charged at a minimal rate. Ferry crossings to & from The Isle of Wight will be charged at cost)
*Minimum spend per event will apply.
Bar Hire Options
Pay as you go
We operate a standard full pay bar service for you & your guests with an agreed minimum spend
Tab / Token
We will operate the bar to an agreed tab limit. If you want to ensure everyone gets a fair amount of drinks on the tab, we can provide tokens for you to give to your guests. These can be exchanged for an agreed selection of drinks, so the cost to you is set. Agreed minimum spend applies.
We provide the staffed horse box bar, you provide the drinks. 6-hour minimum hire applied at an agreed rate.
The Trough can serve guest numbers up to a maximum of 120 people.
As a licensed operation, The Trough adheres strictly to the national “Challenge 25” ID initiative. If you’re lucky enough to look under 25, prove you’re over 18.
For full details of the Bar Service, please see our Booking, Hire & Licensing Information page.